Monday, August 9, 2010

Latest Shopping News

Guess what? You will never believe this… I bought my first piece of red clothing, as in ever. Well, first piece of clothing that I have wanted to wear. My primary school uniform was red and I think I had a red cardigan when I was 6 which my Mum knitted, but they are the only times I can remember owning red clothing. And now that I think about it, I’m probably not attracted to red because I wore it 5 days a week for 8 years.

I don’t really have anything against red clothing, I think it looks great when I see it on other people, I just don’t really like it on me. I even feel a bit self conscious when I wear red nail polish, and it’s not because it’s bright, I feel perfectly normal wearing fluro pink on my nails. It’s just one of those weird things I guess, maybe I have a red phobia? Come to think of it, I never used to wear black either, the first time I wore a lot of black in one outfit was probably 4 or 5 years ago. I even remember the first black top I bought, I still have it! Anyway, yeah, I’m weird.

I have had a small breakthrough, I bought something red! It’s mixed with white so it’s not entirely red, but at least we’re half way there. Well, red is more dominant on this piece of clothing, so I’d say we’re almost there!

Kimono

It’s kind of like a kimono shape, isn’t it pretty? It’s very floaty and feminine, I’m really looking forward to wearing this. I hope the weather warms up fast so I can. I’m going to Singapore in a couple of days so it’ll get its first wear then. Yippeeee, warm weather! I’m not quite sure what to wear it with though, maybe a pair of denim shorts and sandals? Or even over a dress? The picture on the Sportsgirl website has the model wearing it with a pair of army green skinny cargo pants, which works, but I don’t think I can pull of a pair of skinny cargo pants. So if you have suggestions, let me know!

While I’m here I guess I’ll also show you a bag I also bought. I was on the prowl for this, not this one in particular, but a cream leather duffel bag. Kind of funny that I found it only weeks after thinking that I wanted one. And I wasn’t really on the prowl, I just saw this while looking for nothing in particular. It was about 50% off, so that was pretty awesome! It’s not a real Balenciaga (I wish), it’s from Witchery.

Duffle Bag

I actually started writing the above comments a couple of weeks ago, yes, I’ve been very lazy with blogging! I have a couple more things that I have bought in the mean time. I am trying to get as much shopping in as possible, because in a couple of weeks, when I get back from holidays, it’s serious saving time! We really need to do a few things around the house, and we need to start saving for our next holiday, so no more crazy splurging from me for a while. But we all know I’m not good with keeping shopping promises!

Okay, I’m not sure if you read my post a few weeks ago about the frenzy I was in over the new Mimco collection? Anyway, I have calmed down considerable since then, hallelujah! And I have only bought one item! Which is a bit boring considering I was ready to buy a Mimco franchise, but it is good for my bank balance. However, I have been secretly waiting until I get to Singapore, I’m really wishing it’s cheaper over there, but I don’t think it will be. I will be on holidays though, so that will justify any amount of Mimco purchases.

I got these gold hoop earrings, an item to cross of my wishlist! I love Mimco earrings, I think I have 4 pairs now. You can’t really see in the picture but the crystals are a pale pink, sort of champagne colour and they’re very sparkly. I really love them and I’m so happy that I now have a pair of hold earrings! My gold jewellery collection is slowly building.

Hoops

My next purchase is also an item from my wishlist… The clog! You either love them or you despise them, I happen to love them and are happily embracing their revival. I decided to go with a peep toe style, so I can wear them all summer long baby! I’m thinking I should wear them to death this summer because next year they will probably be really uncool. They’re probably one of those fashion fads where you look back at in a few years and think ‘what the heck was I thinking?’. I’m going to have fun with them this season, and at least in a couple of years I’ll have something to laugh at, fashion is fun! I’m now recalling a pair of foam platform sneakers I had, I got them when the Spice Girls we’re big, I loved them. Oh golly, if only I had taken some pictures I could post them for your entertainment. And we all remember Jelly’s, I had a blue pair and a clear glitter pair, my sister had a pink glitter pair which I wanted, she was the tom boy so I don’t know how she ended up with the pink pair? So unfair.

Anyway, I’ll show you my new clogs!

Clogs

I’m going to sign off now because I really need to get back to work. I’m going away tomorrow, I’m so darn excited! I should come back with some things to blog about (possibly even a Miu Miu bag, but not getting my hopes up!) so I’ll touch base in a couple of weeks!!

Buy Buy for now,
Ishia

No comments:

Post a Comment