Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wishing and hoping, Santa

So, only a month or so after I posted about my desire for more frivolity, I'm back to my other mode. Typical. I'm quite schizophrenic in my shopping tastes. I think it has to do with living in my quite Euro-elegant apartment (photos soon - still waiting on my coffee table to arrive from Melbourne, and the place looks quite incomplete without it.) Anyway, since we moved in, I've already felt the pull back towards expensive and classy goods, specifically of the shoe and handbag variety. So if Santa were to bring me any of these, I would be ecstatically happy. (In FACT, I think if I had these two bags in my collection I would be almost entirely sated on the bag front, save the occasional sighing over a BV knot clutch. And I'd like something in brown leather as well. Oh, and I need something summery, too, like a Kate Spade wicker bag. So, ALMOST. But I digress. Santa would still be amply rewarded for these.)

A Louis Vuitton/Sofia Coppola collaboration bag, in suede asphalt

Sofia Coppola Louis Vuitton

Oh, I love this bag so desperately. It's so cool. It has the very desirable LV shape without screaming "I AM AN LV BAAAAG!!!" - I like the basic Speedy, but it's just so endlessly ripped off these days that I assume they are all fake, even the real ones. (Yes, even the ones in the window at LV, haha.) (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good fake bag as much as the next girl, but a) they tend to not last long, due to cheap workmanship; and b) if I were going to spend LV money, I wouldn't spend it on something I myself think looks like I paid $15 for it.)

A Chanel 2.55

Chanel 2.55

Yeah yeah, I've mentioned this before. But I still want it bad. So classic. So ladylike. So never, ever going out of style. I have a pink inspired version that I got at Misch Masch in Fukuoka (um, I think?) but not the real deal. I'd like the version with the burgundy interior and black exterior, but I wouldn't kick an all-black version out of bed for eating crackers, if you know what I mean.

YSL Tribute sandals in brown

YSL Tribute Sandal

Le sigh le sigh. All so French, all so perfect. So many brands did knock-offs of these last year - the best, IMHO, were Steve Madden and Country Road - but I was too slow on the uptake to get them. I scour eBay quite regularly but so far no dice. Cultstatus has these in, and given that I walk by King St every day, it's taking a lot of my willpower not to go buy them.

So, dear Santa, that's my shopping list to the tune of about $7k. But you have elves that make these things, right? So it'll be no problem at all. Bisou bisou!

No comments:

Post a Comment